Lesson 7 The Teenage Brain - the Male Brain

After reading and pondering the debate about teens lacking adult reasoning capacity, yet being held to adult consequences, what do you think this means for you as a teacher?


As a teacher, I believe this means that I need to have grace and reasonable expectations. Just because my student is taller and stronger than me doesn't mean they are capable of making adult decisions. 
As a teacher, this could be tricky. Students could pull the "I'm a teen, my brain isn't developed so I didn't do my homework" card often. I just need to be creative and in tune with my students.
With the information I learned, I am thinking I will need to change my teaching technique and not just bunch all teens in the same category. Male teens obviously need more hands-on and guidance activities.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does the information from the videos in Chapter 5 on Language and Reading impact me as a teacher?

Lesson 2 Vision and Hearing

Lesson 3 Attention, Emotions, & Learning