Lesson 3 Attention, Emotions, & Learning

The videos about attention and emotions impacts me as a teacher in the following ways: 

a. I realize there are a lot of attention deficits/problems I will be faced with. I feel like I need to be well equipped with knowledge and a bag of "tricks" and ultimately be flexible.

b. There are so many factors to consider when teaching. It's not just about making lesson plans, teaching and grading. I will be dealing with families, students from negative environments, students who have been in abusive/stressed homes, students who are predisposed to aggression etc. Just juggling all these factors impacts me as a whole. I need to be well rested, patient, flexible and focused. 

c. I'm encouraged (and nervous) that I can control a lot of my environment. So if I'm going to bed late or stressed out, this affects my classroom greatly. I can essentially bring toxins to class. 

d. The stress my students possibly deal with at home is brought into my classroom and therefore it affects not only me but their classmates. So I need to be prepared to set boundaries and extinguish any "fires" or aggressive behavior. 

e. the videos make me a better-equipped teacher. Having the knowledge that even though a student may be predisposed to aggression, I can create a positive nurturing environment which trumps past toxic environments. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does the information from the videos in Chapter 5 on Language and Reading impact me as a teacher?

Lesson 2 Vision and Hearing